End of 40: Bruins 3, Canucks 0
by Mark Marino http://www.thehubofhockey.net
BOSTON — Add two more unanswered goals for the home team, as the Bruins now lead the Canucks 3-0 after two periods at the TD Garden.
- Despite the 45-degree slant in the ice — towards the offensive zone — it took the B’s about five minutes to get their first shot on Luongo in the second frame. Nonetheless, at the 11:11 mark…
- …Tyler Seguin made a perfect diagonal pass through the neutral zone to Michael Ryder. No. 73 drove down the left-wing and snapped it past (deflected off Vancouver defenseman Sami Salo’s stick) Luongo glove-side high.
- Brad Marchand put the B’s up 3-0 a little over two-minutes later with some heavy forechecking. The rookie came barreling in behind Luongo’s net, taking out defenseman Keith Ballard and causing a turnover. Patrice Bergeron followed pursuit, dug the puck out and flicked it out to Marchand — on Luongo’s doorstep — who softly backhanded it high, glove-side again, past the Vancouver netminder.
- Tim Thomas continues his solid game…remaining perfect with 25 saves (13 this period)
- Vancouver burned their timeout right after, but to no avail. Boston continued their physical play and finished the dominant second period.
- The Bruins went 0-for-1 on the power play; now 3-for-14 (21.4%) this series.
- Boston will be 49 second shorthanded, killing-off a Johnny Boychuk delay of game penalty
- Kelly is 7-for-11 (64%) on the face-off dot…Lucic leads the team with four shots on goal…Chara with 16:31 TOI…Seidenberg has four hits and two blocked shots